UNIT: Silenced (UNIT: The New Series #3)

~Matt Fitton & John Dorney

« Older   Newer »

Biting's excellent.
    It's like kissing.
    Only there's a winner.

Group
    Amministratori

Status
    jpg
    Titolo originale: UNIT: Silenced
    Autore: Matt Fitton & John Dorney
    Serie: UNIT: The New Series #3
    Paese: U.K.
    Genere: Sci Fi, Audio
    Editore: Big Finish
    Prima Edizione: 2017
    Scheda Big Finish
    Trama:
    Decades after their defeat by the Eleventh Doctor, the Silence prepare to rise against humanity....
    1. House of Silents
    There is no record of the presence of an alien species known as ‘The Silents’ on Earth. UNIT has never engaged hostiles capable of editing themselves from observers’ memories.
    There is no evidence that such an opponent, if real, is regrouping and beginning a new plan of infiltration and manipulation.
    Kate Stewart and her team are in no mortal danger. How can they be, when they don’t even know the enemy exists?
    2. Square One
    It’s business as usual at UNIT, and thankfully, Kate Stewart has no immediate threats to concern her. Or so she believes.
    But when Sam Bishop returns from leave, he notices things aren’t quite as they seem. Soon he and Osgood are on the trail of an elusive enemy.
    Meanwhile, Kenneth LeBlanc and his controversial political movement gather momentum, and one UNIT team member isn’t quite themselves...
    3. Silent Majority
    Kenneth LeBlanc looks set to lead his party to national victory, overturning political opinion and taking the polls by storm. UNIT can only stand and watch as a silent revolution takes place.
    But who are LeBlanc’s real backers? And what use to them is the triumph of a leader who seems to be nothing more than a liability?
    The Silents are about to make the headlines.
    4. In Memory Alone
    When Sam Bishop and Osgood visit an orbiting space station for a routine mission, they have no idea that they are part of an alien scheme, years in the planning.
    As the global situation spins out of control, Kate seeks help from an unlikely source.
    The Silents are not done with humanity yet – and they will have their revenge.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Terzo serial della Big Finish dedicato alla nuova U.N.I.T., questa volta in lotta contro il Silenzio.

1. House of Silents
    La prima parte introduce un misterioso complotto di cui tutti sembrano non avere memoria e, conoscendo il Silenzio, la cosa non stupisce.
    La U.N.I.T. si trova a dover trovare un sistema per ricordarsi quello su cui sta indagando ancor prima di cercare di scoprire su cosa sta indagando.

2. Square One
    Sembra che il Silenzio abbia ripreso le vecchie abitudini, come intromettersi con le attività umane.
    Con fatica i nostri riusciranno a scoprire (e non dimenticare subito) quale sembra essere il loro obiettivo.

3. Silent Majority
    Sappiamo chi (più o meno) e arriviamo a scoprire come e anche il perché... ma sul più bello... spoiler... e non solo perché, come al solito, ci scordiamo tutto.

4. In Memory Alone
    La trama dell'ultimo episodio racconta chiaramente. che non ci siamo liberati dai Silenti e che ora vogliono vendetta.
    Kate trova il sistema migliore per ricordare al mondo il rischio corso... di nuovo.

Rendere in audio la presenza dei Silenti poteva essere un problema, come per gli Angeli, ma anche in questo caso fanno un centro perfetto.
    La sensazione di stallo che il personale della U.N.I.T. vive per tutta l'avventura è ben descritta e i riferimenti ai fatti della serie madre, con il trucco usato dall'undicesimo Dottore per rendere i Silenti memorabili, sono inseriti alla perfezione.
    Finale perfetto, non si sa quanto duraturo, ma bdn organizzato.
    Tra le tre serie uscite fino ad ora è quella che mi è piaciuta di più... anche se la prossima si presenta epica, anche solo guardando le foto pubblicitarie.

5 / 5

Edited by taksya - 29/3/2017, 18:05

0 replies since 6/3/2017, 22:35   23 views