Titolo originale: Bloodchild: a short story
    Autore: Octavia E. Butler
    Paese: U.S.A.
    Genere: Fantascienza
    Editore: Headline
    Prima Edizione: 2014
    Scheda Amazon.it
    Trama:
    Years ago a group known as the Terrans left Earth in search of a life free of persecution. Now they live alongside the Tlic, an alien race who face extinction; their only chance of survival is to plant their larvae inside the bodies of the humans.
    When Gan, a young, boy, is chosen as a carrier of Tlic eggs, he faces an impossible dilemma: can he really help the species he has grown up with, even if it means sacrificing his own life?
    Bloodchild is Octavia E. Butler’s shattering meditation on symbiosis, love, power and tough choices. It won the Hugo, Locus, Nebula and Science Fiction Chronicle awards and is widely regarded as one of her greatest works.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Altro racconto che, come unica nota negativa, ha il fatto che la storia narrata sarebbe stata perfetta per un romanzo di più ampio respiro.
    Abbiamo solo accenni riguardo al passato che ha portato i personaggi al momento narrato. Abbastanza per capire cosa è accaduto, ma non abbastanza da non desiderare di più.
    I personaggi sono ben tratteggiati e, nelle poche pagine, riusciamo a comprendere le necessità di tutti... che siano umani o alieni.
    I temi trattati sono controversi e avrebbero meritato a loro volta più spazio.
    Una buona lettura che invoglia a leggere altro dell'attrice.

4 / 5

0 replies since 29/12/2015, 18:07   124 views